Drake Bay is a remote beach where I will spend the next two weeks doing turtle conservation with the Corcovado Foundation. I am not sure if I will be staying with a family or at the turtle conservation facility. I'll find out when I get there. There is wifi but it is not very reliable so I not sure how often I will be able to update my blog. I'll do my best to give you all updates. There is not much in Drake Bay. Houses, one store and the turtle conservation building which is also a hostel. I think there may also be a few hotels. But basically there is not much there but nature :)
Speaking of nature - we had some beautiful views from the trip back from Monteverde. Here are a few pictures from the bus ride back to San Jose this morning. 



Tonight was really nice. There are three cousins from Australia staying at my house now. I picked up a surprise at the grocery store and made chocolate chocolate chip cookies. They were a big hit. There are only a few left. I think Teresa appreciated that I baked and the cousins loved it. They want me to come back and bake more.
I'm looking forward to the next two weeks and have no idea what is in store. I have heard Drake Bay is absolutely gorgeous. I'm leaving at 7am and have an 8-10 hour journey to get there. I was really nervous but during orientation Reese got me excited. It sounds absolutely amazing. I may even get to see some dolphins and whales. We are also basically in the jungle. I'm hoping there will be other cool animals to see. Hopefully I will have some great pictures to share.
Signing off for now...hopefully I will be able to post again soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment