The turtle projects run a little differently than the projects in San Jose. While in San Jose I had my weekends off but with the turtles you get one day off and it could be anytime. Thursday was my day off. Maddy and I planned to go to Aguitas the closest town to Progreso to get lunch. We were both ready for a break from rice and beans. We planned to catch a ride with Logan and Bennett in a cab. They were headed to lunch and an afternoon of kayaking. We asked for the cab to come around 10am. We sat and waited and waited and waited some more. Franklin was waiting on a flight and didn't show up until 11:30. Things in Costa Rica run on Tico Time. I am way to programmed and scheduled to run on Tico Time. I wanted to be back for cooking class at 1 so of course it was stressing me out before we even left. But I tried to just let it go. We were off on an adventure and what will be will be. We made it to town and went to the Drake Bay Cafe. It took forever to get our food but it was delicious and a reminder that everything runs on Tico Time - it's ok. It's worth the wait. Here's a few pics...
I had a banana chocolate milkshake, water and an awesome sandwich. And my view from the counter
Tico Time is a good reminder that you have to stop and smell the roses. Life isn't a race and you need to live in the moment and enjoy it.
Although a little late, we made it back to cook. We made arroz la leche (rice pudding) and banana pancakes. It was all delicious.

Thursday was also my last full day in Drake Bay so I decided to go for a long walk. I didn't have a destination when I started but I ended up walking almost to the end of north beach and back. Along the way I walked down the runway

And past some animals
The beach was beautiful and I am glad I went for one last visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment