Thursday, November 6, 2014

One more day...

I only have one more day with los ninos. I can't believe that two weeks have gone by so quickly. As I told Reece, one of the field coordinators, tonight - I am sad that tomorrow is my last day in La Carpio as it has been an excellent experience but I am excited for another adventure. 

The last few days I have found myself questioning my decision to stay a month. When I signed up, I was worried that a month was too long. In some respects I feel like it is not long enough. I am just starting to feel comfortable at the day care and I can sort of communicate with the kids and its time to move on. I will have only spent 8 mornings with the kids - one morning I had orientation and the other morning the day care was closed - it is the day I went to watch the women cook tamales and helped Viviana teach English. That being said, I am ready to get out of the city and away from the commotion of people, cars and buses.  

We had fun with selfies today! Here are some of the adorable kids I'm going to miss...

And the busy city I will be leaving on Tueday morning...
The first city pic is from San Pedro where Maximo Nivel is located. I walk this stretch often. The second pic is from a pedestrian street in San Jose at 7am. I'll take more pics with more people in the middle of the day :)





No comments:

Post a Comment